Thursday, August 5, 2010

What's the best idea to stop my nails from breaking?

I've always wanted long nails. But when they get long-ish, they either break or i have the tendency to chew them (not trying to break them) but have them end up breaking anyway. I try to not put my nails in my mouth, but it's hard. So what should i do? And are there any products to make my nails stronger and less breakable?What's the best idea to stop my nails from breaking?
File them every other day, this will help them grow stronger. Painting them, even just a base coat, can protect them from damage and breakage when you're outside.What's the best idea to stop my nails from breaking?
I had a lifelong (47 years) habit of biting my nails down until they would sometimes bleed. One day a friend embarrassed me into stopping by commenting on how bad they looked. For me, just getting into taking care of them has helped me not even want to bite them or even put them in my mouth anymore.





I bought an inexpensive nail care kit that has the wooden sticks you use to clean your nails and push the cuticles back. I keep them filed and trimmed nice. I also bought polishes in colors that I really like. But, what I think has helped me the most is that maybe 2 times a month I will go to our local cosmetology school and get a manicure. They look SO NICE afterwards that I can't bring myself to chew on them after paying to get them fixed up nice.





Now, instead of literally having to hide my hands I actually get lots of compliments on how nice my nails look.
If you go to any Sally's they have nail polish that actually make your nails stronger and grow longer a bit faster.


That will keep them very tough and they won't break as easily like that.





Find other things to do that will take place of the bad habit of chewing your nails. I just got over that habit a few weeks ago, and all I did was start putting clear nail polish on and then instead of chewing my nails, I'd just pick off the polish.





I stopped doing that as well, so now I don't even get my nails near my mouth. They're strong and they feel good when you have an itch instead of stubby fingers that can't relieve you. hah.
Remedy:


Use a clove of garlic into half. Rub on your nails for few minutes then wash your hands properly. I know it's stinky but it IS the real solution. Taking medicines cause a lot of other problems to trigger as ';side effects';. Garlic is really good for making nails stronger.





The technique to save nails from further breakage:


You should wear gloves while working.





Hope it will help :)
You try some of Sally Hansen's nail strengtheners.


They have one, Diamond Instant Strength Instant Nail Hardener and it stops your nails from chipping, cracking, splitting and should hold up to you chewing on them. It's about $6.50 and sold at most drugstores, Target, Walmart. Hope that helped!
What you can use is a nail polish that can harden them. Example: Sally Hansons Hard as Nails. I als love long fingernails and this worked great for me! To not chew on you nails put lemon juice or hot sauce on them. Or you can set a goal like say if you did not chew your nails in a week you could buy yourself something nice. Good Luck!
Nail-Tech, it can be found at your local nail stylist or manicurist. It is a very thick mixture that holds your nails together. you can even get Nail Tech Quicken, which helps your nail polish dry faster. I use it, and my nails have been very healthy.
always keep them painted. and if you're too lazy just apply clear nail polish. it gets them hard. and painted nails taste bad,so I'm sure you wouldn't bite those. that's how i quit. (: good luck.
Wear gloves ... problems solved .
Use super glue to stick them back on

No comments:

Post a Comment