Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have bitten my nails for so long.Ive tried everythin 2 stop. I need NEW ideas please help me!!!?

It's embarasing. I want to stop but just have done everything and it wont work. If ive bitten them for like 15 years...will they even grow again?


HELP MEEEEI have bitten my nails for so long.Ive tried everythin 2 stop. I need NEW ideas please help me!!!?
I stopped biting my nails when I realized what it was doing to my teeth...it damages your teeth and makes the edges rough. I know they put something out on the market that tastes bitter to remind you not to bite them, but I found simple nail polish remover works just as well, and it doesn't rinse off easily.


Or, you can try keeping your hands busy by taking up crocheting, or try applying fake fingernails to your own and leaving them on till your own grow out.I have bitten my nails for so long.Ive tried everythin 2 stop. I need NEW ideas please help me!!!?
chew gum, or wear gloves for a while.. as much as possible! may look silly but you're not gonna want to chew on a glove, especially if like me chewing wool goes through me!





or you could buy some of that stuff you paint on your nails if you've not tried that already.





another technique is the elastic band distraction technique which apparantly helps to break habits. everytime you find yourself biting, or having the urge to bite, keep an elastic band around your wrist and snap it, it distracts you from wanting to bite your nails.. worth a go anyway?





good luck!
Check yourself when are you biting your nails?


What is the real problem?


Put aloes on your hand


Try adding calcium to your diet


Try rubbing your hands with something you can't stand smelling
try chewing gum or hard candy maybe that will help you with your oral fixation

No comments:

Post a Comment